Tuesday, August 26, 2008

5 miles

On Sunday I ran 5 miles. I was away for the weekend, so considered just running on the hotel's fitness room treadmill. Candy says it's better on my knees, and I'm sure she's right. However, there's a lot to be said for interesting (or at least new) scenery when I'm running. MapMyRun.com makes it so easy to chart out a new route, with Google Map's street, photo, and hybrid views. It even has an elevation plot so I can avoid big hills.

It was tough, but not horribly so. I finished in 52:30, which is a 10:30 pace on the button. I felt great for having finished it. Now I have some shorter runs during the week, before another 5-miler on Sunday.

I have two trips for work during this time, right now to San Francisco, and next week to Houston. The SF trip gives me the chance to run across the GG Bridge, while Houston has nothing but humidity! I don't know, maybe it's better than that.

My weight stays the same, no doubt because I'm exercising well but eating poorly. For the moment, I'm ok with that. The next 5k is about three weeks away, but it's the 10k beyond that looks like the challenge. Of course, I'm still concerned about the huge increase to 13.1 miles for that half-marathon in just 2.5 months...

At least I'm starting to see some improvement. This morning I noticed some better definition in my legs.


-Mark

No comments: