Sunday, October 5, 2008

Channel Islands Harbor 10K


[I'm writing this months after the date of this post, but realize I'd missed an entry for my first 10K.]

The training program called for a 10K at some point, and this run in Oxnard fit the schedule. My previous runs had been largely fundraisers for some good cause, but this was was strictly a run. The website for the event gave the impression that it was just about running. And it was a pretty straightforward event, without a lot of fanfare. But it was still pretty good, especially the made-to-order crepes by Whole Foods after the race. (I'm sure the line became unbearably long, but we were some of the first.)

Candy did the 5K, too!


Despite it being a running club sort of event, with chip timers and everything, the official times for Candy & I were way off. I think it's possible that our start & finish times were transposed, since mine were about 20 minutes too fast, and hers about 20 minutes too slow. Jessie told me to write the race director to see if that could still be cleared up.

No comments: