Friday, December 5, 2008

Half-Marathon prep notes

Here are my notes in a memo on my PDA before the Half-Marathon. I'd learned the hard way in my long run training that hydrating the day before is important. Even though this race was my ultimate goal, I didn't sign up early enough to use the online system. There is no race-day registration for this event, so I needed to do all of that the day before. (Fortunately it is local to me, just a quick drive across town.)

The smileys are for things I was too embarassed to write, even in my own notes. The first one refers to what happens after coffee & breakfast, the second one what happens after several miles into the race. My low-profile running socks started being a problem, maybe more due to my slipping insole than the socks themselves.
!!! Hydrate on Saturday !!!
!!! Sign up on Saturday !!!

Buy choc gel packs
Take ibuprofen before (have some on me?)
Wake up early enough for breakfast, etc. :-)
Wear tech t
Tape up :-)
Make sure socks are pulled up tight
Update playlists--have a few
Gloves?

No comments: