Monday, November 10, 2008

Run, rookie, run!

Here's how I looked running the 5k in an earlier part of my training schedule, back in early September. A few things to note...

1. I hadn't learned to smile at the camera. You'll see that I didn't learn that lesson until the half-marathon. It's pretty easy, really, since you see the photographer set up in front of you, and other runners may cheer or gesture for their own photos. Now that I've seen how these things turn out, I'm always going to smile for the camera!

2. I'm running with a water bottle in my hand. Rookie. Of course the race had water stations along the way. No need to do that unless you're on a long training run.

3. I've holding my phone/mp3 player in my other hand. Actually, it's in the neoprene armband holder I still use, but back then I had that around my wrist so I could hold the phone itself, too. I guess I was worried about it slipping out somehow. Now I use a girl's flat ponytail band to make sure it won't pop out, and wear it on my arm as intended.

The rest looks pretty much ok to me. I'm still using the same sort of shorts, the same shoes & socks, same watch, same hat. (Now that I finished the half-marathon, I also have a white 13.1 running hat.)

No comments: